To start Gigantum, Docker must be running. If you use Gigantum Desktop, it will start Docker for you. If you use the CLI you must make sure Docker is running yourself.
- If you are using Gigantum Desktop, simply click on the big Start button
- If you are using the CLI, simply run
This will launch a window in your default web browser where you can log in for the first time. The application should appear at http://localhost:10000/. If it doesn't automatically happen, then just go to that location.
Your first time logging in will require you to create a Gigantum account. To support versioning, collaboration, and access to cloud storage, the Gigantum Client currently requires all users have an identity from the start.
When the app opens at http://localhost:10000/, you'll be prompted to sign up.
- Click on the "Sign Up or Login" button to load the registration page
- Enter your email, a username, and password
- Agree to the Terms of Service (primarily related to interacting with Gigantum Hub)
- Click to submit
- Agree to the access request.
- You may be prompted to "Authorize App". This is an extra security control when running on localhost, and the dialog just prompts you to agree that it is safe to authorize the application.
Once registration completes, you will be redirected to the Project listing page and are ready to go! You will receive and email to confirm your registration. Please confirm your email!
Updated 6 months ago